After all the interviews with developers, organisers and FSC people, I was keen to talk to Geography teacher David Rogers to find out how the hack day had been from his perspective – as someone who may well end up using some of the technology that was invented over the weekend. I wanted to find out what he thought about the hacks and how they might affect his work with students in the field and in the classroom. Here’s the recording of our chat:
- The Hackday happened onMay 18th, 2012Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your hacks!
- next Hack to the Future: Guardian Blog guardian.co.uk/teacher-networ… 5 years ago
- Write-up in the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom lotc.org.uk/2013/03/clotc-… 5 years ago
- Just had a very interesting seminar - apps for engagement with @communicate2012 5 years ago
- Doing a talk at the Bristol communicate conference next week - a quick run down of the hack day! ow.ly/1OZfc8 5 years ago
What is the FSC Hackday?On the 18th, 19th and 20th of May 2012 Slapton Ley FSC centre will host scientists, educators, designers and developers working together to prototype new digital learning tools for outdoor education using open data, web and mobile tech. There will be lots for everyone to learn, and (we hope) some amazing inventions. Join us. Click above to apply for a place.