- The Hackday happened onMay 18th, 2012Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your hacks!
- next Hack to the Future: Guardian Blog guardian.co.uk/teacher-networ… 3 years ago
- Write-up in the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom lotc.org.uk/2013/03/clotc-… 3 years ago
- Just had a very interesting seminar - apps for engagement with @communicate2012 4 years ago
- Doing a talk at the Bristol communicate conference next week - a quick run down of the hack day! ow.ly/1OZfc8 4 years ago
What is the FSC Hackday?On the 18th, 19th and 20th of May 2012 Slapton Ley FSC centre will host scientists, educators, designers and developers working together to prototype new digital learning tools for outdoor education using open data, web and mobile tech. There will be lots for everyone to learn, and (we hope) some amazing inventions. Join us. Click above to apply for a place.
Author Archives: fschackday
Following a car explosion (not as dramatic as it sounds), our little team decided to hack on in Kent. For the blow-by-blow account, have a look at our Storify http://storify.com/lexij/altfschackkent We chose to focus on a common field task – … Continue reading
Helen Purves of BBC Knowledge and learning shares some thoughts on how the curriculum can help shape her team’s hack on instant analysis of data. Continue reading
In order: Hydrograph, shingle ridge succession, rivers https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkorHYql29PgdFhaSVZzYm0zNjVvMVp4Q0RXZFpKQVE https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkorHYql29PgdGdYNmxoWUFkSDRwd2VwZnZPUW1tWVE https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkorHYql29PgdFV4REl4WU5IM294S2N5bkdUOHRldnc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkorHYql29PgdEV6YlVhQUpqVDZZYmlyYXc0VjlRVWc
So, what to bring… Well, I’ll leave Ant to cover the techie side of things, but from a husbandry point of view, all you’ll need is a lunchbox and some outdoor kit, if you fancy getting out and about. It’s … Continue reading
• Fieldwork apps – step by step guides. Better transfer of information from iPads to laptops, also to include graph drawing ( possibly stats). For instance: collect plant abundance data from a transect on the beach, and instantly create graphs (and … Continue reading
How about an app like the one for Taronga Zoo, for Slapton Ley National Nature Reserve?
From Peter Scarth Some Random Ideas for #FSCHack Day Build a rugged self powered camera system to capture a time series of imagery for things like: • Beach state classification e.g. <http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2006.877758> • Bird/vertebrate “camera trapping” e.g. <http://nestbox.dyndns.info:8080/> • Capturing … Continue reading