- The Hackday happened onMay 18th, 2012Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your hacks!
- next Hack to the Future: Guardian Blog guardian.co.uk/teacher-networ… 4 years ago
- Write-up in the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom lotc.org.uk/2013/03/clotc-… 4 years ago
- Just had a very interesting seminar - apps for engagement with @communicate2012 4 years ago
- Doing a talk at the Bristol communicate conference next week - a quick run down of the hack day! ow.ly/1OZfc8 4 years ago
What is the FSC Hackday?On the 18th, 19th and 20th of May 2012 Slapton Ley FSC centre will host scientists, educators, designers and developers working together to prototype new digital learning tools for outdoor education using open data, web and mobile tech. There will be lots for everyone to learn, and (we hope) some amazing inventions. Join us. Click above to apply for a place.
Category Archives: challenges
The very last thing we did on Sunday was to review all the hacks and present the prizes for best hacks, immediately after which began the task of clearing up and driving home, hence the delay in reporting back to … Continue reading
Helen Purves of BBC Knowledge and learning shares some thoughts on how the curriculum can help shape her team’s hack on instant analysis of data. Continue reading
Live blogging from the first ever Field Studies Hack Day, in Slapton, Devon. Continue reading
The blog navigation now includes the Challenges option above, where we’ve started to collate these calls to innovation. As specific ideas get more fleshed out we will create individual pages for them, but for now, that’s where the challenges will … Continue reading
• Fieldwork apps – step by step guides. Better transfer of information from iPads to laptops, also to include graph drawing ( possibly stats). For instance: collect plant abundance data from a transect on the beach, and instantly create graphs (and … Continue reading
How about an app like the one for Taronga Zoo, for Slapton Ley National Nature Reserve?
From Peter Scarth Some Random Ideas for #FSCHack Day Build a rugged self powered camera system to capture a time series of imagery for things like: • Beach state classification e.g. <http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2006.877758> • Bird/vertebrate “camera trapping” e.g. <http://nestbox.dyndns.info:8080/> • Capturing … Continue reading